March 10, 2013

Class of 2014

IT'S OFFICIAL!

I am part of the Acadia University 16 month Elementary Stream of the Bachelor of Education Programme for 2013-2014.

What does this mean?

This means I will be:

~moving back home to live with my mom after my exams are through in April.

~looking into buying a car

~able to go to my home church every Sunday!

~saving a bunch of money.

~starting school a mere ten days after graduation, and will continue school until August 2014.

~doing my practicums at schools in the Annapolis Valley Regional School Board.

~gaining new pen pals.

~following God's plan for my life.

~looking for a job.

~missing some wonderful friends.

~back to where I started.

~happy.

I sent one of my best friends a message on the day I accepted the offer of admissions.
I said, "Morning, friend. I just wanted to let you know I have made an oficial decision for schooling next year. It may come as a disappointment, but not a surprise that I'll be going to ACADIA!!!!"

The response I received was exactly the confirmation I needed to hear. "I will miss you, however, I am confident that the choice you made was the correct one. Congrats annie!!"

I know it was the right decision. I'm blessed and appreciative of my time at St. Thomas University, and I am equally excited and enthused to be a student at Acadia University.

Acadia has been so wonderful to me. They have sent me countless e-mails reminding me to apply, they met with me last year at this time to help me choose courses for the fourth year at STU, they answered all of my questions, and called me on a Friday night to inform me of my acceptance. They invited me to an informative open house last Wednesday, and forced encouraged me to get to know my future classmates. They empowered me, making me realize just how important and influential teachers can be, and encouraged me by saying that there is in fact employment opportunities for teachers in Nova Scotia. They made every part of the application process important, and they looked upon each one of us as gold into which they were ready to invest time and knowledge. I wont merely be getting an Education degree, I will be getting educated, and equipped to educate.

4 comments:

  1. as your mom I can't wait for you to be under foot :) You give me reason to be happy! You give me an eye opening spirit and the tearful giggles that I have never gotten anywhere else:) Thanks for being huge part of my life and wanting to live with me :) I am so proud of you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be so happy to have you back. Kudos to Acadia for keeping in touch so much and encouraging you. It's important for a university to do that as we discovered through Sarah's decision making process for her undergrad. You students will be so happy to have you bring your guitar and sing with them occasionally too. One of Marge W.'s sisters was my favourite sub for that very reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Annie! I am so happy for you. You will make a lot of little ones very happy and excited to come to school everyday!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray, Annie! It sounds like you've made the perfect decision for you, which is wonderful! No doubt, many pro/con lists were made in true Gilmore Girl fashion ;)

    ReplyDelete