March 17, 2013

Happy Birthday, Blog!

Today my Blog is one year old! It's hard to believe that what started as a few thoughts in my head has turned into such a fun and exciting experience!

It is interesting that:
~That my blog has had over 4000 views.
~That people in Canada, the United States, Russia, Germany, the United Kingdom, China, Romania, the Ukraine, Sweden, and Thailand have read what I thought was important to write.
~My most viewed post has been my "Assumptions" post. This is exciting, because it is a pretty recent one.

But these are not the things I'm celebrating. Today I'm celebrating the fact that I've stuck with this project for a whole year! I'm celebrating the fact that many people have gotten to know me a bit better, and I them, through my blog. I'm celebrating the fact that my writing skills have been improving because of this activity. I'm celebrating that my blog has positively influenced my life. It has given me the desire to reflect on even the small things in life. My blog has helped me to share advice, experiences, encouragement, and achievements. I'm celebrating the several times I've gotten bitten by the blog inspiration bug and have had to run and get paper or open up a new note on my phone.  I'm celebrating the late nights that my blog and I have spent together, carefully weeding out words, and perfecting pictures. Today I'm celebrating the variety of viewers I have. The first compliment pertaining to my blog that I had was in the locker room of the fitness center, and the second one I received was from a friend at my Wesleyan church. Since then, it has been a great conversation piece at church, at the mall, and even over the internet. I'd like to share a quote I found not too long ago. Although about art, I think it pertains to blogging. "Don't think about making art. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they like it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." -Andy Warhol.

I'd like to share the fact that my blogs are just the random thoughts and observations that happen to run through my head like the breeze through an Eolian harp. I share them so that you are less likely to make the same mistakes that I make, and so that you may just learn a little something about me, or more importantly, a little bit about life.


Happy Birthday, Blog!  
You've come a long way since your humble beginning.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, Annie! I can't believe that it's been a year already! Time flies, eh? Happy birthday to your blog, and congratulations on keeping it up for a year! I hope it's the first birthday of many :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday blog I have a book of you and wow you have grown :) keep the blogs coming :)

    ReplyDelete