April 24, 2012

Shift Happens

This year there was a shift in my life.
                                 I went from being merely "content" with my life...
                                                                                        to being ELATED with my life.

Instead of feeling that I'm missing out on things in life, 
I realized how much of a gift "missing out" can be!

This was the year of shifting friendships.  
I felt a great divide happen between myself and friends that do a lot of partying. 
We just seemed to have less and less in common, and grew apart. 

Shift. 

On a good note, I discovered that
Birch Beer is one of my favourite
kinds of beer. 
(Second only to Root Beer).

I tried my first Birch Beer
at a cafe downtown. 

It was refreshing on a hot day, 
and quenched my thirst.

Birch Beer used to be used for medicinal purposes, 
but now a days it is a soda that tastes like cola with spearmint flavour. 

Not only was I content drinking my "Birch" Beer, 
I was ELATED! 
This year also came with a shift in perspective. 

This year was filled with many engagements, I'm talking like 17 of my friends, 2 of the weddings have happened already. As for me, the leading man in my life has been, and always will be, Jesus. 

For the majority of my life I have been set on a goal get married and have children, like 5 or six kids....but not only am I content with "just me", I am ELATED! I would be absolutely happy if this was the only ring to ever sit on my ring finger. No single-ness blues here!
(Except for the blue on my lips, teeth, and tongue!)

Shift. 



Shift is new,
            Shift is natural
                    & Shift is necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment