April 16, 2012

Monday Blues to Monday Blessings

Mondays.

Mondays during exam week.
Mondays during exam week, waking up and it is foggy and cold.
Mondays during exam week, waking up and it is foggy and cold, realizing how much you have left to do and pack.
Mondays during exam week, waking up and it is foggy and cold, realizing how much you have left to do and pack, getting bad news about your lease.
Mondays during exam week, waking up and it is foggy and cold, realizing how much you have left to do and pack, getting bad news about your lease, losing a favourite ring.
Mondays during exam week, waking up and it is foggy and cold, realizing how much you have left to do and pack, getting bad news about your lease, losing a favourite ring, and finishing a series of television.
Mondays during exam week, waking up and it is foggy and cold, realizing how much you have left to do and pack, getting bad news about your lease, losing a favourite ring, finishing a series of television, and realizing you have to start saying good byes, because many of your friends are graduating, and no one has the time to give a proper goodbye, and you get blisters on your feet.

Mondays.

-Mondays when the sun starts brightly shining,
-Mondays when the lease gets worked out,
-Mondays when you wear a nice outfit,
-Mondays when you breathe,
-Mondays when you finish a take home exam,
-Mondays when you eat peaches,
-Mondays when you wear prescription sunglasses,
-Mondays when you walk downtown,
-Mondays when you see a wonderful friend,
-Mondays when you get good news,
-Mondays when you sit in a coffeeshop downtown,
-Mondays when a pretty boy from class smiles at you,
-Mondays when you cast away worries about the future,
-Mondays when you see hula-hoops,
-Mondays when you LISTEN to the birds call to each other,
-Mondays when you work out an idea for a project,
-Mondays when your mom texts,
-Mondays when you see the winter banners down, and the summer ones put up,
-Mondays when the winter wooden planks are gone from the stairs,
-Mondays when you find your ring,
-Mondays when you soak your feet with Strawberry Shortcake bubble bath.
-Mondays when you recycle,
-Mondays when everything works out,
-Mondays when you realize just how blessed you are.



That was my day. For someone who was woken up at 7am, got bad news, was stressed and sat and cried,  the day sure turned around. I walked home keeping my eyes on a purple sunset, and I could not stop smiling. Just as things happen for a reason, things don't always work out the way you want for a reason. The past few weeks I've been a bit bitter about things not working out my way and today that bitterness was broken. While walking home I was so thankful for blisters, because do you know what? Blisters are a sign of working feet. Blisters are a sign of shoes. I was so bitter and worried and stressed, and it was really hard to see the sun/son through all of the fog, but the sun/son shone through and made its way to me. When I changed my way of thinking, the day got better and brighter, and I turned my focus to the beautiful sun/son which I should have done all day, because it is always there. The sun/son helped me to glow today. For the first time in my life I was told that I had pretty eyes. I was glowing today and I think it was because I stopped complaining about the fog and I let the sun/son shine both on and through me. 

Don't let the fog cloud your vision,
look to the sun/son,
soak it up,
delight in it,
because fog is only temporary.

Have hope,
because the sun/son is eternal. 


1 comment:

  1. Annie, I think this may be my favourite post of yours yet! Beautiful!

    I was actually just admiring a blister on one of my toes for the same reasons you described above. And I can't believe no one's told you you have pretty eyes before today!

    And yes, have hope. Always.

    ReplyDelete