December 6, 2012

Rice Krispie Conflict

This morning was a typical morning. I ate Rice Krispies out of my yellow bowl, and I drank juice out of my purple, Dora cup. I had my breakfast in my bedroom, because it's nice and warm in my room, and because I like to do my morning devotions during breakfast. What wasn't so typical, however, was the fact that I decided to leave my dishes in my room. I didn't want to walk all the way downstairs and wash them.

The past weekend was also pretty typical. Homework was done, room was cleaned, laundry was done, adventures were had, and tea was consumed. There was something, however, that wasn't quite typical. There was a bit of conflict during my Sunday, and like my cereal bowl, I decided to deal with it later. 

Well, as I stand here at the kitchen sink scrubbing and scrubbing out the hardened Rice Krispies, and the sticky juice in my cup, I'm realizing that I probably should have dealt with the dishes when the mess was fresh. Like scrubbing hardened cereal from a bowl, conflict resolution that is long overdue is lacking in the fun department. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's a whole lot easier to clean things up sooner, rather than later. You don't want your left over cereal to sit, build up and harden, so why do that with frustration? Nothing good can come of it. You know what does come of it? Bitterness, resentment, and miscommunication.

I should also note that cleaning up messes in the later is better than never. If you do have a conflict that needs to be resolved, even if it's from years ago, you should probably go take care of that now. I'll wait, you can read the rest of this later. 
.
.
.
Oh good, you're back!
This week, and many weeks to come, I will try my best to clean up my messes as soon as they happen, that way maybe I won't be spending my Thursday evenings leaning over a skink, scrubbing Rice Krispies out of my favourite, yellow cereal bowl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment