September 4, 2012

Drive In for Miss Daisy

I am a bit of a "Miss Daisy" when it comes to hobbies, fashion, bed times, and everything else for that matter, but going to the Drive In was on my list. I had the opportunity to go a few years ago with a few of my friends but I declined, and I had the chance to go with my mom a couple of years ago, but as we were leaving to go I got an invitation to play Catan for the first time ever (with some really cool people) so I couldn't pass that up. I just knew this summer was going to be the summer that I went to see a movie at the drive in, and it was. I waited ALL summer for The Avengers to play at the Drive In, and at one point I thought that I had missed it, but after checking the website and the sign more than a few times I finally found out when it was playing. I messaged my good friend Kaly and said, "Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. I don't care which one, just pick one, cause we're going." Then I invited a couple of my favourite teenagers and we made a night of it! I was so stoked, because the early movie that was paired with The Avengers was Brave! I'm sorry to say, but my favourite movies are animated ones, and Pixar just does just a stand up job, so you can see how excited I was to find out that Brave would be playing the exact night that I was going. 

We got to the outdoor movie theatre and set up our chairs. For the majority of the first movie I couldn't hear a thing, because I wasn't close enough to the car, and I didn't want to seem like I was hard of hearing and ask to turn up the volume. Turns out, I wasn't the only one that couldn't hear, so we made sure the volume was at an adequate level for The Avengers. I had already witnessed The Avengers in theatre on the opening weekend in Fredericton with a few friends, but I was in the front row and it was just not a very enjoyable night. I'm 100% sure it was better the second time. 


Did I mention that I didn't fall asleep once?!? I'm usually in bed by 10, but I didn't get home until 2:45ish, I was pretty proud. There were a few times where they almost lost me, but I faired way better than the teens, who were out for most of the second movie.


The Drive In was such a unique experience. I'm so glad my area has fun things to do at all times of the day. I wouldn't make going to the Drive In a weekly activity (mainly because it takes me 3 days to recover) but maybe an annual one, IF the right movies are playing. Does your town have a Drive In? Have you ever gone? 


No comments:

Post a Comment