May 5, 2012

Boxes Bespeak Beginnings

Boxes

There have been a lot of boxes in my life lately,
and I have decided that boxes are best when they are empty.

It was difficult to pack up my room of my first apartment and put it all into boxes.
It was difficult to walk into a good friend's house and see many filled boxes.
It was difficult to walk into sections of my church and see filled boxes.

Boxes Bespeak Beginnings,
and all three of these examples are packed with the fact that boxes can be beginnings.

It is important to remember that good things come in boxes.

Sets of Books,
Packages,
Jr. Mints,
Jewellery,
Juice.

I've always been a fan of boxes, because they mean possibilites. Whether they are used to pack things to be taken on an adventure, used as gift boxes, or used to create new things, I like boxes. Growing up I would have a dresser that I would store all of my boxes in, I would make televisions, video cameras, spaceships, and more. Sadly, I admit that there is a homevideo of a certain 3 yr old with a box on her head, expressing her fondness for boxes. As I grew older, I used boxes to create endless wrapping material for small gifts. And now? Just look at what boxes can be!

Boxes can be the beginning of inspiration. 
Boxes can be the beginning of adventures. 
Boxes can be the beginning of a blast of creativity.

So why boxes? 
Boxes mean surprises, 
and I LOVE surprises. 
Imagine giving a gift that is not wrapped? 
Where is the fun in that? Boxes say that someone took the time to find a box that would fit, a box that would disguise, and a box that would be the perfect container for something great! Boxes are the bonus gift! Once you have unpacked a gift, a recent purchase, or a bunch of things, you then can reward yourself by playing with the box! To the right is my Homework Hut. While walking home from dance class one night I saw three beautiful boxes sitting on the side of the road. I called my roommate and she came to meet me to help me lug home my find! The mini fridge box became a Homework Hut! 

No comments:

Post a Comment