May 15, 2012

Blessings in the Boring

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" -John Lennon

"That might sound boring,
but I think the boring stuff
is the stuff I remember the most."-Russell, Up

These two quotes have been floating around in my thought boat. As a relatively busy human being, who usually has a few things each day on the calendar, it's important to remember to live.
I like the boring.

The time on the road is my favourite part of a roadtrip.
I like the boring.

The very long graduation ceremony.
I LIKE the boring!





















The sitting in a parking lot while waiting for someone.
I like the boring.

The reading the newspaper.
I like the boring.





















The research, the walk to the library, the searching for quotes, the writing the essay, the editing!
I LIKE the boring!

There are blessings in the boring. The quiet time, the observing time, the nap time, ALL blessings. When I look back on my life in 30 years I HOPE it is the boring that I remember, because, truth be told: I like the boring.



No comments:

Post a Comment