June 16, 2013

Catch My Drift?


Two weeks ago I bought a brand new kite. 
Tuesday I sat around and waited for wind. 
Wednesday I sat around waiting for wind.
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and the next week....I waited for wind.

Yesterday mom woke me up with a "Annie it's SO nice out!"
Followed by a "still no wind though"

Two o'clock came around and I saw a leaf move, and then its friends joined in the dance, so I jumped in the car and raced to the park. (I clearly already had my kite in the car ready to go). 


That little bit of wind was all that I needed to see Lightening McQueen soar. 

I was reminded that sometimes we just have to catch a breeze and have faith it will take us where we need to go. Just when we think we're about to do a nose dive, the wind has a tendency to give a little more, providing we give a little slack too. It's up to us how far we want to put ourselves out there. There's a lot of string to work with, but we'll never reach new heights if we stay neatly tied on the ground. 

Here's to reaching new heights, going above and beyond what we consider to be the zones of our comfort, and having faith that with a little direction we'll end up just where we need to be. 


             "If you wait for perfect conditions, 
                             you will never get anything done." ~Ecclesiastes 11:4
                                                             
                                                         May you soar this week. 

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic post, Annie! Really great metaphor!

    Tony and I have been meaning to fly a kite for quite a while now and we still haven't. Perhaps when I get back in August!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true thank you for the words of wisdom ")

    ReplyDelete