November 14, 2012

Life > Math

There is more to math than the numbers.
I have been called "double smart", "super smart", "and "extra smart" by my professor of Finite Mathematics, and Calculus.
I don't speak out in class, I don't get every answer correct, and I don't read ahead in my text book. So why am I awarded these titles?

I always follow instruction and write my name on every sheet of paper when it comes to tests. I always come to class prepared. I carry coloured pencils, a ruler, a calculator, and graph paper with me. I always share my things with others around me who don't have the necessary math tools.

The first test I completed for Finite Mathematics included a graph portion. I was delighted to see the shape of a Jesus fish with a Cross in it....just like my necklace. It was a great reminder that I can learn so much more than calculations in math. Recently I learned:

the skills of listening + taking instruction +being prepared + sharing, perhaps = worth more than any math equation I can ever learn.


1 comment: