October 4, 2012

it's happy time :)

10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week!

(I know, it's a bit of a "lighter" post, but I usually just write what I've been thinking about, what won't leave my mind, and what I spend time reflecting on. Today it was happiness, so in random order....here are 10 things that made me happy this week)

1. Sing-a-longs: you know, the old fashioned Disney VHS ones with the lyrics that light up. Oh, and Veggie tales...lots of silly song sing-alongs.

2. Lots of rain: there has been so much rain lately, cold rain, warm rain, unexpected rain. It has been nice, it has been refreshing, and it has been nourishing to the soil and soul.

3. Good smelling food: I don't know what it is about the smell of food, but I think it is honestly half of the taste. My friend in my math classes always has the best smelling lunches, the other day was lean ground turkey with garlic powder, and sweet and sour rice.

4. Honesty: When a roommate asks you to be perfectly honest with them and throw everything on the table. Weight off my shoulders. Also, when you're told you no longer have to keep a secret. I don't like keeping secrets, in fact I'm pretty bad at it unless it's super important or for a job.

5. Forks: I really don't know why this made the list, it's just one of the first things I thought about. Forks are just so handy, I guess it's not a bad thing to be thankful for forks.

6. Bed time stories: My homework for Children's Literature involves reading a lot of fairy tales, this has pleasantly turned into either me reading or listening to my roommate read one before bed. (I almost always fall asleep before the ending).

7. Cue Cards: Making studying fun since third grade.

8. Healthy Guinea Pigs: Martha had a different day not too long ago. She spent a lot of time laying on her tummy outside of her little house. I lay on my tummy when my belly hurts, so I was concerned. Martha is doing much better now, so knowing that my pigs are in good health makes me happy.

9. Comfortable hair clips: I choose comfort over glam every single day of my life, so to find comfortable and fashionable hair clips makes me happy.

10. Letters from loved ones: Racing to the mail box everyday at 10:30, seeing my name on an envelope, and ripping it open with my teeth. Is there anything better? Yes. Reading the kind words, knowing that someone took time out of their day to send you a note, and then pinning the happy words up to surround you everyday. That's what makes me happy. What made you happy this week?



2 comments:

  1. Love this post, Annie!
    1. I loved those sing-a-longs when I was a kid!
    2. I also love rain! Unfortunately, here in Beijing, the rain is filled with pollution so I can't enjoy it as much as I did back home. It's not so healthy or fun to dance in the rain or walk slowly in it here.
    4. Honesty always wins in my book!
    5. haha this one makes me think of a friend here in China who really misses forks! He struggles with chopsticks when we go out to eat and jokes that he's going to start carrying a fork with him everywhere.
    10. Mail is the BEST thing ever!

    Happy Friday and happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what made me happy this week ... is knowing I will see you very soon!

    ReplyDelete