October 18, 2012

Coming Full Circle

As many of you are aware, Taken 2 is now in theatres. Now, I usually try my best to avoid going to the movies. I think it is a waste of money and often a waste of time, but once in a while I find myself very excited to go. Last May it was when I went to see the Avengers during opening weekend, and Tuesday it was to see Taken 2. That's right, the newest movie featuring Liam Neeson (aka Aslan) and the sequel to a favourite movie of Dan and me. It has been out for a little while now, but Thanksgiving, and midterms got in the way, however, we finally made time to go see it, and to see it on cheep night. Don't worry, the story gets better.

As we were sitting waiting for the previews, Roommate was playing with her phone, and I was digging around in my bag (because I just never know what I'm going to find). I pulled out a mathematical compass, the thing I use in calculus to draw perfect circles. Dan starts laughing at the fact that I brought one to the movies, but I turn to my left, look him straight in the eyes and very seriously say, "Dan Stanley you NEVER know when you're going to need a compass." 

The movie starts and Liam and his ex-wife soon get taken. The daughter then must rescue them. Without giving away too much of the plot, I will tell you that Liam, or his character Bryan, rather, instructs his daughter how to save them. He tells her to get out his gun case, and gives her the combination. He tells her to get out the map and to draw perfect circles inorder to see where the circles intersect so that she can find her parents. Kim must use a sharpie and one of her father's shoelaces to draw the circles....this is the part of the movie where I elbowed Dan several times and abruptly exclaimed how she needs a compass. 

This evening as I was helping Roommate and her mother decorate for Halloween, I realized that I needed to draw a pair of eyes. No problem! I had my compass with me! Look what it helped me to create! Roommie did roll her eyes a little bit, but I think the perfectly circular eyes added a nice touch. 


The compass comment coming full circle (pun intended) was honestly the highlight of the movie for both of us. I think we learned a valuable lesson about making fun of Annie's preparedness.... ie. not to do it, because some day it just may save your life, or at least improve your Halloween decorations. 

6 comments:

  1. ...or stab anyone who tries to steal from your purse. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true all of the years in Girl Guides prepared you lol... and pinterest is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Yet another reason why I am so thrilled that we're friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That about ROUNDS it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Add this story to the list of many reasons of why I'm glad we're friends! And that toilet looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete