June 4, 2012

Uke-an Too!



This item has been on my bucket list for years and I recently remembered it. Last Monday (my first day of work) was excellent. After work I went to the music store, and bought a beautiful, blue ukulele. I taught myself some songs while on the drive home. I enjoy it much more than playing acoustic guitar, because it is easier on my fingers, it is much quieter, and I can play every chord with my tiny hands. The ukulele gives a much lighter, and dare I say happier sound. I've always been blessed with the gift of fast learning. I find that no matter what I do, if I have a can-do attitude and give it a try, I almost always succeed. I am very fortunate that this goes the same for musical instruments. I've never considered myself great at anything. I don't excele in anything in particular, and that's okay. I enjoy the talents that I have, and I'd rather have a mediocre skill level of a cornucopia of talents than be a prodigy of one. Having a variety of talents is truly a gift, and a gift to share. When you pursue your talents you open up your life to new friendships, experiences, and opportunities. Best of all, I think that you enjoy your life more. 

May we discover our talents, pair them with our passions,
and let them help us to live life, and live life to the full. 

May you have a "can-do" attitude, 
and may you know that if I learned to play the ukulele, 
uke-an too!

image from pintrest.com

2 comments:

  1. Great advice and well said. Congrats on your new instrument. I love the colour. I have books here from when I taught if you want some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie! You may have inspired me to do this too! To play a musical instrument is on my bucket list and I think I just found what I want to learn!

    ReplyDelete