June 30, 2012

Sleepy

My mother was away last night, and I had a very difficult time getting to sleep.

My best friend from home came to visit me my first two years of university, and both of those times we watched movies, and no matter the time of day, and no matter if I was sitting upright, I fell asleep, minutes into the film. 


I've been finding myself saying these words a lot lately, "makes me sleepy".


-Watching movies...makes me sleepy.
-Church...makes me sleepy.
-The dark...makes me sleepy.
-Laying down...makes me sleepy.
-Comfy clothing...makes me sleepy.
-The sound of the rain...makes me sleepy.
-Showering...makes me sleepy.
-Heat...makes me sleepy.
-Food...makes me sleepy.
-Exercise...makes me sleepy.


I think that the feeling of sleepy comes from comfort and contentment. When I'm no longer hungry, or lonely, or cold, then I can be so happy I can fall asleep. Perhaps this is why I tend to have the BEST sleeps when I'm home. I took a drove to Truro last Thursday, and the whole way back I was tired, but I didn't get sleepy until the thunder cloud past. Perhaps feeling sleepy has something to do security. Maybe finally having a friend from home with me made me able to feel protected in a foreign city. I've looked at what the items on my sleepy list mean to me, and I think that I can finally crave putting my head to my pillow when I'm entertained, spiritually fed, calm, relaxed, comfortable, soothed, washed, warm, nourished, and tired. 






No comments:

Post a Comment