March 20, 2012

Spring Beginning

Happy First Day of Spring!

Today was filled with many beginnings for me. My day began by getting up at 8 and getting ready for the day and then having a nap until 9. (Great way to start the day!) My day also began with 22 degree weather, new sunglasses, and wearing my homemade dress.

My day began with a beautiful walk to campus 3 hours before my class. My day began with writing and coloring my Easter cards while outside in the sunshine. My day began with saying hello to many friends, and by sitting on the best bench in the upper court yard. My day began with with the song, "This is my Father's World" stuck in my head. My day began by reading "The Sound and the Fury," and by printing off a completed essay!


but most importantly my day began with love, via the beginning of Spring. Spring is more than nice weather, and flowers, and sunshine, and bubbles. Spring is a reminder of renewal, second chances, and love. As the Easter season approaches, and lent comes to a close it is difficult not to be reminded of love. No matter who you are, what you have done, just know one thing: YOU ARE LOVED, my friend, you are loved. If you need proof of this, then walk outside and take a look around. You have food in your tummy, air in your lungs, and a sun that never fails to shine. 


So in case the singing birds, shining sun, and blooming flowers aren't enough, this is me reminding you to have a happy Spring!

1 comment: